Thursday, January 27, 2011

Humility


So after the way my post got all off-kilter last night, thanks to the pictures, I decided today I would be smart and load the images first. We'll see if it works. Saturday I was in a craft store with a 50% off coupon, with my 15% teacher discount on top of that...never a safe combination. I've been wanting to try Tunisian crochet for as long as I've known about it, but wasn't sure what that was exactly. Turns out it's kind of a hybrid between crocheting and knitting. The hook you're supposed to use looks like a knitting needle with a crochet hook on the end. It's strange. Thanks to the coupon and discount, I brought home this book, which may or may not be a good thing. The following is my first attempt. Since it was 3 dimensional, more so than most of my projects, I figured I must have done something wrong. It looked a lot like my first crocheted scarf, which was scary looking.


I tore it out, and started over. I will say I like the speed in which a row is finished. While the stitches are not very large themselves, it goes quick. That's always a plus. However, it doesn't really matter how fast or slow the work grows if I have to keep tearing it out and restarting. The one thing I knitted (a cozy for my travel mug) was torn out and restarted too many times to count. Just ask my mom. She thought it was funny until she started a knitting project later on. There is quite a bit of pulling out and trying again, especially if you want your project to look halfway decent. At any rate, this is attempt two.


I think it's an improvement over the first try...there weren't quite so many stitches sticking out every direction, but it's still a far cry from the picture in the book.

Maybe I need to go watch that interactive DVD that was included. It might help.


No comments:

Post a Comment