Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I am a very impatient person. I know, shocker, right? That's one reason I like crocheting better than knitting--it's faster. I love to watch my creation take shape quickly. My favorite type of project is one that has fancy patterns, such as fan and cluster stitches...because that generally means there are lots of "skip next three stitches" and the like included in the instructions.

Last week Tuesday I was on-line looking for new crochet patterns, when I came across a couple of books that looked interesting. Being a good wife, I told my husband that there were a couple books I wanted and would he be upset with me if I ordered them. Of course he wasn't, especially since there was a geeky computer gadget that does everything except the laundry that he had been looking at for awhile. We both ordered our respective goodies, and then the waiting began.

Thursday, as in two days later, in the midst of the crazy snow and ice, his device shows up. I was not impressed. I love to get mail, and when I know it's coming, I get antsy. Sure, the billing slip said 3-5 days, but who's counting.

Today, a full week later, I finally got one of my books! It's wonderful. There are several scarf patterns and some adorable purse and hat patterns. The best part is the wide variety of sweaters that are included. But I had to wait a whole entire week, while M only had to wait a couple days. Sometimes life just isn't fair.

This is the book I got. I'm still waiting for the other one.

I bet he loses his gadget-thing first.

No comments:

Post a Comment