Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Chilly




I like blankets. I like to make blankets, I like to buy blankets, I like to pile blankets in a ten foot stack on my bed. Even more, I like to snuggle up in blankets on cold dark (or not so dark) mornings and evenings while drinking a warm beverage and enjoying a good book or a craft project.

I think this love of blankets has grown exponentially over the past three months, since the house we're living in has electric heat, i.e., it's chilly inside. No matter how high we turn the thermostat, it never seems to get above 60. And the only place in the house where it
actually feels like 60 is in the bathroom, when you close all the doors. Closed up
bathrooms are not very conducive to sock making, blog writing, or a great many other things. The second warmest place is the computer room, where all the computers in the house except for yours truly reside, giving it plenty of radiant heat on the freezing days...the sweltering days as well, but since it's January, I'm more concerned with staying warm.

The coldest room is, of course, my craft room. Right now I'
m sitting at my desk wondering how much longer I can stand the temperature before I give in and go snuggle under a blanket and drink my hot mulled cider. My guess is not too mu
ch longer. Besides, my sock is almost finished!

Since my fingers are getting numb and frost bitten in this frigid room, I'll post some pictures while I wait for my extremities to warm up again.



Hot Cider


Reading Chair and blanket



That's all that's left!







No comments:

Post a Comment