Tuesday, August 20, 2013

" I have a problem with finishing things. I love to start a new project, a new hobby, a new blog, whatever it is, and then I get tired of it and walk off."

And then 2.5 years later, I rediscover the forgotten item while cleaning out the closet, or emptying the box, or going through my computer files. And all of a sudden I'm infatuated again. 

To be honest, I'd like to blame the extended silence of my blog on my crocheting. See that pair of slippers that I made so many many many months ago turned out to be a very special pair of slippers. They were wonderful and purple and looked like hippos and I love them dearly. More than being a fantastic pair of footwear, they were the beginning of a business, and after two years of sales, they are still my top seller. 



They have cute little tails and everything! 



But enough about my favorite slippers. Like any UFO (UnFinished Object), eventually the time comes to return to the mangled piece of work, assess the damage, dust off the cat hair (that's a new addition to my work these days), and try again. And maybe this time the stitches will come together the right way, the gauge will be spot on, and the yarn won't snag. Or maybe it will. I've come to learn that working through the issues and sometimes even incorporating them into the project makes the end result even more satisfying. 

But what do I know; I still have an unfinished sewing project in the back of my closet and have no intention of befriending it anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. I've just been thinking about all those different yarns in my big box and that I should just pick some hat patterns and mow my way down to the bottom of the box over the course of this winter. Of course, that's what landed me in physical therapy a couple years ago with a terribly tight and painful shoulder...such a conundrum...

    ~Mom 2.0 ;)

    ReplyDelete